~ The Last Stand ~
This is one of several tributaries that eventually flows into the Little North Santiam River. In early 1900, this watershed was owned by the Santiam Copper Mine. Old remnants of mining equipment, log cabins, and wooden beams of a collapsed bridge can still be found today. Mining and logging were finally stopped 92 years later in one of the largest legal battles in Oregon history.